As one of the UK’s fastest growing MSPs, we’re on the lookout for a Technical Consultant to join our Technical Operations (TAC) team!
Location: Home Based/ Hybrid working options
Salary: Competitive Base + Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Do you have specialist expert knowledge within Citrix XenApp and have a breadth of technical knowledge within Microsoft desktop environment, infrastructure and networking technologies?
We have an opening for an experienced Technical Consultant to come in and provide the final level of technical escalation for Nasstar's Managed Service customers. This will give you the opportunity to really showcase your skills and to truly become a highly credible technical expert, acknowledged for your expertise across multiple technology platforms.
This will be a customer-facing project based role initially, where you will be completing configuration reviews of our managed service customers' infrastructure with the aim to ensure all environments are configured to vendor and industry best practices. Also working closely with the service delivery teams, you will review historic customer incidents and monitoring data with the aim of proactively resolving any reoccurring issues.
Now is a good time to join us on our journey into the next phase of Nasstar's growth!
- Resolve incidents and requests within SLA for customers that cannot be resolved at the Nasstar 3rd Line Engineer level.
- Develop and mentor other team members with an approachable manner, helping to develop Best Practice and standards that can be shared with the team.
- Be the authoritative voice on technical decisions and present to internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively identify consistent trends and resolve these on an ongoing basis to drive continual service improvement.
- Be part of a collaborative team, working together across geographies and sharing knowledge, and responsible for complex ticket resolutions, ticket management, queue ownership, customer management, process compliance, best practice configuration reviews and patching.
What we are looking for:
- In depth technical knowledge within the Microsoft desktop environment, infrastructure and networking technologies.
- Specialist expertise and ideally professionally qualified in Citrix XenApp infrastructure to include NetScaler, Storefront, Delivery Controller & Studio.
- Independent, self starter capable of managing their own workload.
- Aptitude for quick problem resolution whilst working under pressure.
- Specialist expertise in:
- Microsoft M365 services such as Azure AD, Cloud App Security, Office 365, Windows 10 & Endpoint Management
- Microsoft Server and core infrastructure services such as Active Directory, group policy & common server roles
- Microsoft Azure key infrastructure services such as Virtual Machines, Azure Storage, Backup and DR business continuity services
- Infrastructure Hypervisor Services to include VMware vCloud Director, vCentre , ESXi Server and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Infrastructure Hardware, SAN Storage, FC Switches, Physical server hardwareFortinet Firewalls or similar firewall device with UTM functionality Security best practice
What you can expect from us:
At Nasstar, we know the importance of looking after our employees – after all, it’s the team that underpins our business!
In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real opportunity to progress in your career with a forward-thinking organisation, our benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Flexible working – it’s important to maintain a work/life balance, as such, we will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working – we practice what we preach and empower our people to work remotely
- Top tech – Leading services and solutions aren’t just for our clients; we supply best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff too
- 4x annual salary life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Retail discounts and other perks from major brands
A note for agencies:
Nasstar has an in-house recruitment team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, we cannot accept agency submissions for any of our roles.