2nd Line Network Engineer
Salary: Competitive base + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Wanting a new connection with your job?
Want to join a team that helps and supports one another?
As a 2nd Line engineer, working within a global team, you will be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, tracking, and reporting incidents. As part of your role, you will be responsible for providing critical support to a large customer base over a large product portfolio. You will be the engineer supporting WAN/LAN Networks and Security products ensuring timely resolutions.
Provide complex diagnostic / technical resolution services and support to customers, Engineers and Field Service Engineers in line with contracted SLA agreements, in accordance with Service Operations Manuals / Operational Procedures and to high standards of customer satisfaction. To manage customer’s networks according to SLA, prioritisation, service impact using a procedural discipline in a way that assumes authority to maintain network availability, security and performance.
What you will need:
- CCNP or working towards
- Experience in WAN/LAN Networks
- Cisco routers and switches
What you will be doing:
- Respond to Customer Incidents by performing 2nd line support diagnostics, so as to resolve the fault and/or implement a workaround solution that meets SLA standards and customer needs , with occasional 1st Line and 3rd line support co-ordination duties. Design, validate and implement solutions to meet Customer requests for maintained Customers
- Report, manage and progress incidents that are to be resolved by 3rd Party contractors / service partners
- To liaise with manufacturers and customers during escalations (e.g. Cisco) at a technical level, as part of technical escalation and resolution of Incidents
- To assist the Change Management Team as and when requested and to advise of any changes that were implemented during Incident resolution process (retrospective changes)
- Maintain and develop currency and relevance of technical competence, with key Nasstar vendors such as Cisco Fortinet, Alcatel etc seeking and applying relevant training opportunities and best practice
- Raise progress and monitor all escalations both internally and externally ensuring satisfactory conclusion and timely updates to Stakeholders, facilitating seamless handover at key stages of progression
- Provide feedback on services and procedures ensuring that any issues are reported to problem management to prevent customer incidents
- Perform scheduled testing / backup operation and proactive work and check for completeness such that pro-active testing results in higher customer network availability
- Maintain in-depth knowledge in relation to Nasstar Customers, sites and equipment, providing prompt and accurate information, advice and technical guidance to Engineers, Field engineers, 3rd line Engineers, Third party service providers and other colleagues
- To provide customer network statistics in terms of network performance to both internal staff and customers on their request utilising state of the are network management tools.
We know you may night have an up-to-date CV, that’s fine! Send us what you have and everyone will get a response.
At Nasstar, we specialise in transformative technology. Our integrated suite of managed services delivers everything from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools. With a consultative approach at our core, we modernise and manage technology to help our clients succeed in today’s business landscape.
With an impressive portfolio of customers, supporting the modern business is what we do, and we’re pretty good at it… if we do say so ourselves! But delivering greater flexibility and improved efficiencies to our clients wouldn’t be possible without the right team on board.
We are lucky enough to be supported by a talented bunch - from technical specialists to marketing consultants, and strategic sales heads. Could you be one of them?
Modernise to maximise
More information about the Nasstar Group and our businesses can be found on their respective websites. Be sure to check out our customer success stories where you can learn more about the industry-leading clients we work with!
What you can expect from us:
At Nasstar, we know the importance of looking after our employees – after all, it’s the team that underpins our business!
In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real opportunity to progress in your career with a forward-thinking organisation, our benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Flexible working – it’s important to maintain a work/life balance, as such, we will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working – we practice what we preach and empower our people to work remotely
- Top tech – Leading services and solutions aren’t just for our clients; we supply best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff too
- 4x annual salary life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Retail discounts and other perks from major brands
Reasons to choose a career with Nasstar:
We recognise and understand the importance of creating a work environment that supports personal development, enabling individuals to reach their full potential and go beyond what they thought was possible. With so many diverse roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship scheme, and several training and development programmes available, the opportunities for growth are endless.
Which career path will you choose?
A note for agencies:
Nasstar has an in-house recruitment team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, we cannot accept agency submissions for any of our roles.