Service Desk Specialist – 3rd Line Engineer
Location: Wakefield/Poole - Hybrid
Salary: Competitive base + bonus + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Are you looking to upskill and grow your career as an engineer?
Many of the engineering team have been promoted and grown since joining us and you can do the same!
Would you like to join a growing support team and resolve issues for customers from all over the world?
We may have just the job for you!
The aim of this role is to fix the more complex issues being raised to the Service Desk and to disseminate that knowledge to your peers. You will also work closely with other resolve groups, to facilitate the successful resolution of customer issues.
You will be required to progress all support incidents in line with the customer's SLA ensuring that any updates are entered into the tickets including investigative steps and clear updates that can be relayed to the customer in a clear and concise manner. To achieve this target, you will need to be agile in managing your tickets and constantly re-evaluating priorities.
What you will need:
- Working under pressure, especially when a critical issue has occurred.
- Managing your own workload.
- Previous IT experience
- Experience working within 3rd Line Service Desk team.
- IP network design including routing, switching, VLANS, Firewalls, VPNs, DNS, DHCP, FTTP, Wireless WAN. Good knowledge in one of the popular Firewall brands - Fortinet, Sonicwall, Cisco, Draytek etc and a working use of Cisco IOS and networking equipment.
- Exposure to HP platforms and server hardware with working knowledge of RAID arrays and SANs.
- Microsoft 365 configuration, Azure AD Sync, Microsoft Cloud Services
- Experience with Windows Server 2016/19/22, Exchange 2019, Remote Desktop Services, Hyper-V, Active Directory.
- At least five years of Microsoft server level IT experience.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills that range from overall network diagnostics to Azure Active Directory synchronisation, mail flow issues etc.
What you will be doing:
- All assigned incidents and tasks are updated clearly, keeping customers and peers informed of progress.
- Identification of reoccurring problems, so that root causes can be identified and resolved to avoid further recurrence and frustration for the customer.
- Be the technical escalation point for Level 1 and Level 2 engineers within the Service Desk
We know you may night have an up-to-date CV, and that’s fine! Send us what you have and everyone will get a response.
At Nasstar, we specialise in transformative technology. Our integrated suite of managed services delivers everything from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools. With a consultative approach at our core, we modernise and manage technology to help our clients succeed in today’s business landscape.
With an impressive portfolio of customers, supporting the modern business is what we do, and we’re pretty good at it… if we do say so ourselves! But delivering greater flexibility and improved efficiencies to our clients wouldn’t be possible without the right team on board.
We are lucky enough to be supported by a talented bunch - from technical specialists to marketing consultants, and strategic sales heads. Could you be one of them?
Modernise to maximise
More information about the Nasstar Group and our businesses can be found on their respective websites. Be sure to check out our customer success stories where you can learn more about the industry-leading clients we work with!
What you can expect from us:
At Nasstar, we know the importance of looking after our employees – after all, it’s the team that underpins our business!
In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real opportunity to progress in your career with a forward-thinking organisation, our benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Flexible working – it’s important to maintain a work/life balance, as such, we will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working – we practice what we preach and empower our people to work remotely
- Top tech – Leading services and solutions aren’t just for our clients; we supply best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff too
- 4x annual salary life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Retail discounts and other perks from major brands
Reasons to choose a career with Nasstar:
We recognise and understand the importance of creating a work environment that supports personal development, enabling individuals to reach their full potential and go beyond what they thought was possible. With so many diverse roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship scheme, and several training and development programmes available, the opportunities for growth are endless.
Which career path will you choose?
A note for agencies:
Nasstar has an in-house recruitment team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, we cannot accept agency submissions for any of our roles.