Be the core of Nasstar's product life cycle management. We are looking for someone to grow and develop the product function, as a Unified Communications Product Manager...
Job Type: Permanent
At Nasstar, we specialise in transformative technology. Our integrated suite of managed services delivers everything from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools. With a consultative approach at our core, we modernise and manage technology to help our clients succeed in today’s business landscape.
With an impressive portfolio of customers, supporting the modern business is what we do, and we’re pretty good at it… if we do say so ourselves! But delivering greater flexibility and improved efficiencies to our clients wouldn’t be possible without the right team on board.
We are lucky enough to be supported by a talented bunch - from technical specialists to marketing consultants, and strategic sales heads. Could you be one of them?
Modernise to maximise
More information about the Nasstar Group and our businesses can be found on their respective websites. Be sure to check out our customer success stories where you can learn more about the industry-leading clients we work with!
About the Role
The successful candidate will possess the drive and determination to personally see things through to completion. We are empathetic to different team’s needs such as IT, Sales, Engineering and Finance and require a Product Manager who is able to mediate to successful outcomes. The Product Manager is also accountable for augmentation of cloud capacity to meet growing customer needs, new technology introduction, or increasing operational efficiencies to improve product and service profitability, revenue, and market competitiveness.
- Lead the development of business cases, assess impacts, create plans to launch product enhancements and new product initiatives;
- Lead product designs, developments and improvements across the organisation.
- Translate the vision into tangible requirements, benefits, and capabilities, ensuring the resulting technology and user experience genuinely reflect customer needs;
- Be the ultimate owner of roadmap planning, requirements gathering, specifications, design, development and deployment of key products;
- Analyse information about our customers, network and operations that will lead to insights and initiate product improvements or developments that support best in class services;
- Work with the New Product Development Project Manager Plan and ensure that Nasstar’s strict, regular release cycles/integration windows are adhered to;
- Track profitability of product lines and collaborate with the finance team to ensure that EBIDTA is maintained;
- AOP ownership and planning which includes network, delivery, IT and support costs to service a product;
- Take the product and business ownership of key developments, define a clear business vision and work with marketing, network, IT, delivery, and support teams to deliver planned and new improvements on the product suite;
- Work with the marketing teams to develop and launch customer-facing messaging for use in marketing channels or PR;
- Work with the legal team to develop relevant T&Cs and work on substantiating marketing claims where necessary;
- Incentivise sales to drive specific product growth with sales incentive plans, discounts and offers;
- Conduct voice of the customer surveys and partake in customer councils, and feed that into business intelligence analytics;
- Collaborate with Engineering PMO Leadership to manage resource capacity of component team(s).
What we are looking for:
- Engineering or IT Level 5 qualification
- Demonstrable years in product management
- At least 75% of that experience is in developing products in the Unified Communications segment and other augmenting products such as handsets, etc.
- Experience in managing products where products are developed in various methodologies such as waterfall, Agile, and SAFE
- Working with and managing cross-functional resources and vendors
- Financial analysis using models and forecasts
- AIPMM or Pragmatic certification
- Ability to understand technologies applicable to assigned product or service area and facilitate resolution of technical needs as they arise
What you can expect from us:
At Nasstar, we know the importance of looking after our employees – after all, it’s the team that underpins our business!
In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real opportunity to progress in your career with a forward-thinking organisation, our benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Flexible working – it’s important to maintain a work/life balance, as such, we will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working – we practice what we preach and empower our people to work remotely
- Top tech – Leading services and solutions aren’t just for our clients; we supply best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff too
- 4x annual salary life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Retail discounts and other perks from major brands
Reasons to choose a career with Nasstar:
We recognise and understand the importance of creating a work environment that supports personal development, enabling individuals to reach their full potential and go beyond what they thought was possible. With so many diverse roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship scheme, and several training and development programmes available, the opportunities for growth are endless.
Which career path will you choose?
A note for agencies:
Nasstar has an in-house recruitment team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, we cannot accept agency submissions for any of our roles.