As one of the UK’s fastest growing MPSs, we’re on the lookout for a Java Developer
Salary: Competitive base + bonus + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
At Nasstar, we specialise in transformative technology. Our integrated suite of managed services delivers everything from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools. With a consultative approach at our core, we modernise and manage technology to help our clients succeed in today’s business landscape.
With an impressive portfolio of customers, supporting the modern business is what we do, and we’re pretty good at it… if we do say so ourselves! But delivering greater flexibility and improved efficiencies to our clients wouldn’t be possible without the right team on board.
We are lucky enough to be supported by a talented bunch - from technical specialists to marketing consultants, and strategic sales heads. Could you be one of them?
Modernise to maximise
More information about the Nasstar Group and our businesses can be found on their respective websites. Be sure to check out our customer success stories where you can learn more about the industry-leading clients we work with!
About the Role
We are working with a major client to deliver a large technical modernisation of one of the customers key enterprise scale applications hosted in public cloud (AWS).
The modernisation programme will utilise Serverless/FaaS computing and will be heavily dependent on both Java and Python. Nasstar are looking for some experienced software development talent to join our Software Services DevOps teams as we work towards application modernisation.
The role of the Java developer will be to work within one of our DevOps teams to focus on a particular modernisation area whilst working with our Senior Developers and Technical Architects. Cross team collaboration will be key to ensure a successful delivery to agreed timescales
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic individual, with ability to work as part of a team. Desire to work in niche technical environments where everybody needs to 'dig in' and do a bit of everything, but exposure to new areas and technologies is constant and the scope for experience-based learning unmatched.
What we are looking for:
- Java application development experience.
- Experience of developing enterprise level applications.
- Experience of developing on public cloud hosted environments.
- Experience of creating design documents and interface specifications.
- Working as part of a Development Team.
- Working with Senior Developers/Architects to ensure high quality software delivery.
- Knowledge of MySQL/Aurora advantageous.
- Experience of using Git/Jira/Confluence desirable.
What you can expect from us:
At Nasstar, we think it’s important to look after our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams and real chance to progress your career, we offer a range of benefits which include:
- Holiday: 20 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
- Medical Insurance Enrolment: Will take place after probation is passed
- Top tech: We don’t just keep our services and solutions for our customers. That means best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff
- Shift, Travel & Parking Allowance: RM 950 allowance per month
- Overtime: All staff are eligible for overtime (if required)
- Training: Comprehensive induction and training plan to ensure you have all of the necessary skills to be successful
- Office Location & Environment: Working in a modern new office with good facilities in the immediate location
Reasons to choose a career with Nasstar:
We recognise and understand the importance of creating a work environment that supports personal development, enabling individuals to reach their full potential and go beyond what they thought was possible. With so many diverse roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship scheme, and several training and development programmes available, the opportunities for growth are endless.
Which career path will you choose?
A note for agencies:
Nasstar has an in-house recruitment team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, we cannot accept agency submissions for any of our roles.