Highly technical projects, AWS Premier partner, flexible working and exposure to a large blue-chip customer base- Sound good?
We are on the lookout for a Public Cloud Architect to lead design within our hybrid cloud environments.
Job Type: Permanent
At Nasstar, we specialise in transformative technology. Our integrated suite of managed services delivers everything from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools. With a consultative approach at our core, we modernise and manage technology to help our clients succeed in today’s business landscape.
With an impressive portfolio of customers, supporting the modern business is what we do, and we’re pretty good at it… if we do say so ourselves! But delivering greater flexibility and improved efficiencies to our clients wouldn’t be possible without the right team on board.
We are lucky enough to be supported by a talented bunch - from technical specialists to marketing consultants, and strategic sales heads. Could you be one of them?
Modernise to maximise
More information about the Nasstar Group and our businesses can be found on their respective websites. Be sure to check out our customer success stories where you can learn more about the industry-leading clients we work with!
About the Role
Lead technical architecture and application design discussions with senior
customer stakeholders to drive cloud deployment. The Public Cloud Architect will be busy getting up to speed with existing customers and also building relationships within the team and wider community, so if you are looking for a challenge, this may well be it!
The role requires close collaboration with our DevOps teams, also working with sales teams, and designing solutions based on functional and non-functional requirements.
We are looking for someone that can become a trusted adviser to the customers, always looking for better ways of optimising and securing their environments. The Public Cloud Architect will be working on cutting edge cloud solutions with our large blue-chip customer base, the role provides plenty of scope for development and career progression.
- Look after our customer workloads, whilst designing solutions based on functional and non-functional requirements
- Daily involvement with AWS or Azure. Specifically, analysis, architecture, and design of AWS and Azure environments
- Lead technical architecture application design discussions
- Document solutions and designs for working in a collaborative manner
- Clear communication of design decisions to other architects and infrastructure engineers
- Ability to create designs with hybrid cloud, cloud migrations, application modernisation, application development and integration services
- Evangelising cloud concepts both within Nasstar and to our
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of enterprise scale projects
- Deep technical experience in cloud design, build and deployment, including private and public cloud, security, networking, connectivity, storage and IAM
- The capability to complete well architected reviews on customer environments and raising risks within the solution, with the aim to mitigate them.
- Experience in customer-facing roles
- Possess or willingness to pass professional AWS certification
- Good understanding of DevOps concepts
- Delivery focused, with the ability to drive tasks forward and meet demanding deadlines
- Experience working in hybrid cloud environments
- Ability to design solutions that use Enterprise level resources
- Good understanding of DevOps concepts and aware of CI/CD
- Design of hybrid environments to span existing customer networks and AWS and Azure
- Previously held SC or BPSS
- Willing to pass a professional certification on Azure or AWS within a year.
What you can expect from us:
At Nasstar, we know the importance of looking after our employees – after all, it’s the team that underpins our business!
In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real opportunity to progress in your career with a forward-thinking organisation, our benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Flexible working – it’s important to maintain a work/life balance, as such, we will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working – we practice what we preach and empower our people to work remotely
- Top tech – Leading services and solutions aren’t just for our clients; we supply best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff too
- 4x annual salary life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Retail discounts and other perks from major brands
Reasons to choose a career with Nasstar:
We recognise and understand the importance of creating a work environment that supports personal development, enabling individuals to reach their full potential and go beyond what they thought was possible. With so many diverse roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship scheme, and several training and development programmes available, the opportunities for growth are endless.
Which career path will you choose?
A note for agencies:
Nasstar has an in-house recruitment team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, we cannot accept agency submissions for any of our roles.