As one of the UK’s fastest growing MSPs, we’re on the lookout for a Software Consultant to provide software development and 3rd line support of high volume/low latency business-critical enterprise Java applications!
Salary: Competitive base + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
At Nasstar, we specialise in transformative technology. Our integrated suite of managed services delivers everything from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools. With a consultative approach at our core, we modernise and manage technology to help our clients succeed in today’s business landscape.
With an impressive portfolio of customers, supporting the modern business is what we do, and we’re pretty good at it… if we do say so ourselves! But delivering greater flexibility and improved efficiencies to our clients wouldn’t be possible without the right team on board.
We are lucky enough to be supported by a talented bunch - from technical specialists to marketing consultants, and strategic sales heads. Could you be one of them?
Modernise to maximise
More information about the Nasstar Group and our businesses can be found on their respective websites. Be sure to check out our customer success stories where you can learn more about the industry-leading clients we work with!
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity to be the technical owner of a subset of highly critical customer applications. You will work closely with our Architecture and Design community to ensure that applications are developed in line with customer functional/non-functional requirements whilst providing a fantastic experience to our customers and 3rd parties. Also, you will work in collaboration with other application leads to drive knowledge sharing and best practices.
Furthermore, as part of the wider team you will provide 3rd line support of multiple applications to ensure that any service-related issues are managed effectively and adhere to customer SLA’s.
- Drives a customer centric forward-thinking culture within the team.
- Communicating at both project and strategic levels with customers.
- Translating solution design and business requirements (both functional and non-functional) into high quality solutions, ensuring compliance with the organisations strategy, policies and standards whilst aligning to our “Centre of Excellence.”
- Ensuring that application development leads to successful delivery and operation
- Takes responsibility for identifying, qualifying and mitigating risks.
- Providing 3rd line specialist support of the applications (Code, Networking, Server/OS) to support customer operations and test teams.
- Maintaining, applying and sharing broad industry knowledge and technical awareness to maintain best practice and be a recognised subject matter expert within the organisation.
- Assisting in preparation of technical programme/project plan estimates.
- Monitoring development progress to ensure software releases are delivered to a high quality and to deadlines, informing project management of major technical issues and making recommendations on their resolution.
What we are looking for:
- Network and Server Design and Support.
- Ability to support test and defect resolution.
- Expert Level server, operating system (Unix/Linux) and network troubleshooting.
- Data Modelling to ensure compliance with the required application models. (Erwin).
- Java Application Support and ability to interrogate code at a forensic level.
- Experience in working with code repositories such as Subversion and Maven.
- Networking & Application Security.
- 3rd Line Operational Support of Live Managed Services.
- Working knowledge of ITIL methodologies.
- Liaison with Architecture and Solution Design.
- Oracle v11 gr2 Database Development SME.
What you can expect from us:
At Nasstar, we know the importance of looking after our employees – after all, it’s the team that underpins our business!
In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real opportunity to progress in your career with a forward-thinking organisation, our benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Flexible working – it’s important to maintain a work/life balance, as such, we will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working – we practice what we preach and empower our people to work remotely
- Top tech – Leading services and solutions aren’t just for our clients; we supply best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff too
- 4x annual salary life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Retail discounts and other perks from major brands
Reasons to choose a career with Nasstar:
We recognise and understand the importance of creating a work environment that supports personal development, enabling individuals to reach their full potential and go beyond what they thought was possible. With so many diverse roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship scheme, and several training and development programmes available, the opportunities for growth are endless.
Which career path will you choose?
A note for agencies:
Nasstar has an in-house recruitment team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, we cannot accept agency submissions for any of our roles.