As one of the UK’s fastest-growing MSPs, we’re on the lookout for a 2nd Line Network Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
At Nasstar, we specialise in transformative technology. Our integrated suite of managed services delivers everything from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools. With a consultative approach at our core, we modernise and manage technology to help our clients succeed in today’s business landscape.
With an impressive portfolio of customers, supporting the modern business is what we do, and we’re pretty good at it… if we do say so ourselves! But delivering greater flexibility and improved efficiencies to our clients wouldn’t be possible without the right team on board.
We are lucky enough to be supported by a talented bunch - from technical specialists to marketing consultants, and strategic sales heads. Could you be one of them?
Modernise to maximise
More information about the Nasstar Group and our businesses can be found on their respective websites. Be sure to check out our customer success stories where you can learn more about the industry-leading clients we work with!
About the Role
A varied role to provide support to our Managed Service customers, assist with escalations from the wider Service Desks and to deliver projects onsite at customer locations throughout the UK.
To be successful in this role you will need to be agile in managing your workload and constantly re-evaluating priorities.
You would be required to perform a variety of proactive tasks which will help maximise customer's uptime and prevent reoccurring issues. Tasks will include resolving proactive monitoring alerts, deploying the latest security updates, systems maintenance and upgrading customer systems.
You will have the opportunity to work with the latest leading cutting edge technologies in a support environment that promotes systems and service excellence.
- Deal with incoming incidents in a professional, courteous manner over the phone and via e-mail
- Take ownership of incidents and manage them in a logical and methodical manner, taking responsibility for the end-to-end management of incidents in your queue and proactively keeping the customer informed of progress
- Deliver projects excellence by working with Project Managers to ensure all Projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Has a natural aptitude for troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Embraces continual change and process improvement
- Can express ideas and information clearly and concisely
- Plans and manages own workflow on a daily basis to ensure the achievement of KPIs
- Demonstrates a passion for customers and delivering service excellence
- Proactively keeps up to date with technologies supported by GCI
What we are looking for:
- Experience switching and routing
- Customer Support
- Project delivery
- Network Analysis
- Audit / Recommend / Remediate
- Traffic Measurement
- Network Design
- Vendor Best Practice
- HLD / LLD
- Network Monitoring
What you can expect from us:
At Nasstar, we know the importance of looking after our employees – after all, it’s the team that underpins our business!
In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real opportunity to progress in your career with a forward-thinking organisation, our benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Flexible working – it’s important to maintain a work/life balance, as such, we will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working – we practice what we preach and empower our people to work remotely
- Top tech – Leading services and solutions aren’t just for our clients; we supply best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff too
- 4x annual salary life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Retail discounts and other perks from major brands
Reasons to choose a career with Nasstar:
We recognise and understand the importance of creating a work environment that supports personal development, enabling individuals to reach their full potential and go beyond what they thought was possible. With so many diverse roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship scheme, and several training and development programmes available, the opportunities for growth are endless.
Which career path will you choose?
A note for agencies:
Nasstar has an in-house recruitment team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, we cannot accept agency submissions for any of our roles.