As one of the UK’s fastest-growing MPSs, we’re on the lookout for a Level 2 Cloud Support Engineer.
Location: Cyberjaya, Malaysia
Salary: Competitive salary + allowance + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Working hours: 24/7 shift
At Nasstar, we specialise in transformative technology. Our integrated suite of managed services delivers everything from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools. With a consultative approach at our core, we modernise and manage technology to help our clients succeed in today’s business landscape.
With an impressive portfolio of customers, supporting the modern business is what we do, and we’re pretty good at it… if we do say so ourselves! But delivering greater flexibility and improved efficiencies to our clients wouldn’t be possible without the right team on board.
We are lucky enough to be supported by a talented bunch - from technical specialists to marketing consultants, and strategic sales heads. Could you be one of them?
Modernise to maximise
More information about the Nasstar Group and our businesses can be found on their respective websites. Be sure to check out our customer success stories where you can learn more about the industry-leading clients we work with!
About the Role:
For the Level 2 Cloud Support Engineer role, we are looking for an individual with a passion for technology and building strong customer relationships to support our leading global customers.
The successful candidate will be part of the Shared Operations team and will be required to provide hands-on operational support for Nasstar Cloud Service Infrastructure.
You will be part of a team of operations engineers who will be required to work a shift pattern covering EMEIA, US and APAC time zones.
- Provide an escalation point and progress all support incidents and technical escalation in line with the Nasstar SLA.
- Ensure all BAU activities in the form of watch points are performed within the environment
- Respond to all alerts and technical incidents within the operational remit of the Cloud Services infrastructure
- Assist Cloud Service Consultants and Cloud Service Architects with project work and service improvements as required
- Provisioning customer IaaS, BaaS, NaaS and SaaS offerings in line with technical documentation
What we are looking for:
- Hands-on knowledge of Cloud and Hosted services infrastructure, including but not limited to Private/Public/Hybrid Cloud, Dedicated and Multi-Tenant environments, Virtualisation, VMware, Hyper-V, Storage and Backup solutions, Windows Server OS, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, LAN/WAN and Firewall technologies
- Microsoft MCSA or VMware VCP or equivalent experience essential
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent experience essential
- Able to work 24/7 shift
- Ensures deadlines are met and requests for information/support are provided within the agreed timescales
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in written format
What you can expect from us:
At Nasstar, we know the importance of looking after our employees – after all, it’s the team that underpins our business!
In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real opportunity to progress in your career with a forward-thinking organisation, our benefits package includes:
- Holiday: 20 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
- Medical Insurance Enrolment: Will take place after probation is passed
- Top tech: We don’t just keep our services and solutions for our customers. That means best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff
- Shift, Travel & Parking Allowance: RM 950 allowance per month
- Overtime: All staff are eligible for overtime (if required)
- Training: Comprehensive induction and training plan to ensure you have all of the necessary skills to be successful
- Office Location & Environment: Working in a modern new office with good facilities in the immediate location
Reasons to choose a career with Nasstar:
We recognise and understand the importance of creating a work environment that supports personal development, enabling individuals to reach their full potential and go beyond what they thought was possible. With so many diverse roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship scheme, and several training and development programmes available, the opportunities for growth are endless.
Which career path will you choose?
A note for agencies:
Nasstar has an in-house recruitment team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, we cannot accept agency submissions for any of our roles.