WE’RE RECRUITING A MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT!
As one of the UK’s fastest growing MSPs, we’re on the lookout for a Management Accountant. If you are Part Qualified that is okay, however we are looking for someone who is experienced in revenue recognition, audit work and producing management accounts.
Salary: Up to £35K depending on experience, Plus Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
At Nasstar, we specialise in transformative technology. Our integrated suite of managed services delivers everything from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools. With a consultative approach at our core, we modernise and manage technology to help our clients succeed in today’s business landscape.
With an impressive portfolio of customers, supporting the modern business is what we do, and we’re pretty good at it… if we do say so ourselves! But delivering greater flexibility and improved efficiencies to our clients wouldn’t be possible without the right team on board.
We are lucky enough to be supported by a talented bunch - from technical specialists to marketing consultants, and strategic sales heads. Could you be one of them?
Modernise to maximise
More information about the Nasstar Group and our businesses can be found on their respective websites. Be sure to check out our customer success stories where you can learn more about the industry-leading clients we work with!
About the Role
A Part Qualified/Qualified Accountant to manage the accounts and full general ledger for Business Units ensuring exceptional high levels of accuracy and reliability in records and reporting all in line with relevant GAAP and Nasstar accounting principles.
Generate accurate monthly accounts for the Business Unit with full commentary and analysis to enable decision making within tight deadlines.
Assist Finance Leaders in delivering Consolidated Group Accounts.
Support all stakeholders with information requests and where required to challenge assumptions and provide alternatives.
Be the Subject Matter Expert of your allocated Business Unit(s) and “go to person” for all relevant Financial queries.
Continually appraise working practices and aim for improvements by increasing efficiency and effectiveness with no detrimental effect to accuracy and timeliness of reporting.
- To analyse and prepare End to End Management Accounts to tight deadlines.
- Deliver credible and accurate Revenue analysis for Recurring Revenue both Fixed and Variable, Non Recurring Revenue including Professional Services and Projects. (Key requirement).
- Deliver insightful analysis of Margin and EBITDA.
- Understand and describe all variances between budget, forecast and Month on Month movements.
- Deliver reporting to all stakeholders on results, performance, and queries.
- To ensure all accounting is in accordance with group accounting principles.
- To ensure all Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled with appropriate supporting schedules.
- Present all reconciliations to Senior Finance Leaders with a clear understanding.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant jurisdiction GAAP.
- Support Senior Finance Leaders in the effective delivery of an Audit on the Business Unit.
- Ensure all timetabled deliverables are achieved succinctly and accurate.
- Provide any other support where required to ensure deadlines are achieved within the group.
- Ensure all provisions and schedules are cascaded into the centralised record.
- Support / Lead the delivery of Group Accounting Schedules e.g. Overheads, Contractor, Exceptional Items, CapEx.
- To explore and present improvements in processes and procedures to improve efficiencies and effectiveness.
- To develop reporting and analysis within BI environment for stakeholders.
What we are looking for:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA).
- Production of Management Accounts, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and a full repertoire of supporting schedules and reports.
- Revenue recognition.
- Cost matchbook recognition.
- UK GAAP.
- Microsoft Dynamics Nav.
- Excel and BI Reporting.
- Thorough, analytical, and able to resolve complex scenarios.
What you can expect from us:
At Nasstar, we know the importance of looking after our employees – after all, it’s the team that underpins our business!
In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real opportunity to progress in your career with a forward-thinking organisation, our benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Flexible working – it’s important to maintain a work/life balance, as such, we will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working – we practice what we preach and empower our people to work remotely
- Top tech – Leading services and solutions aren’t just for our clients; we supply best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff too
- 4x annual salary life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Retail discounts and other perks from major brands
Reasons to choose a career with Nasstar:
We recognise and understand the importance of creating a work environment that supports personal development, enabling individuals to reach their full potential and go beyond what they thought was possible. With so many diverse roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship scheme, and several training and development programmes available, the opportunities for growth are endless.
Which career path will you choose?
A note for agencies:
Nasstar has an in-house recruitment team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, we cannot accept agency submissions for any of our roles.