As one of the UK’s fastest growing MSPs, we’re on the lookout for a Software Consultant!
Location: Home-based with occasional travel to Ipswich office
Salary: Competitive base + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
At Nasstar, we specialise in transformative technology. Our integrated suite of managed services delivers everything from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools. With a consultative approach at our core, we modernise and manage technology to help our clients succeed in today’s business landscape.
With an impressive portfolio of customers, supporting the modern business is what we do, and we’re pretty good at it… if we do say so ourselves! But delivering greater flexibility and improved efficiencies to our clients wouldn’t be possible without the right team on board.
We are lucky enough to be supported by a talented bunch - from technical specialists to marketing consultants, and strategic sales heads. Could you be one of them?
Modernise to maximise
More information about the Nasstar Group and our businesses can be found on their respective websites. Be sure to check out our customer success stories where you can learn more about the industry-leading clients we work with!
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Software Consultant with hands-on software development and support skills to join our Software Services capability. With a proven track record of providing both technical leadership as well as strong technical capabilities, you will ideally be from a strong technical consultancy background. You should be able to succinctly highlight issues with existing architecture and code and organise its improvement. You will engage with the wider community of technical leads and developers, working together to promote great software design that is intentionally easy to support and maintain.
With first class customer-facing skills and a genuine passion for quality & professional delivery, you will be looking for a new challenge with a company that genuinely recognises and rewards its star performers.
- Work within a team of Software Developers/Consultants to design, deliver and support complex enterprise solutions.
- Provide technical leadership to the existing team and as well as acting as a coach/mentor.
- Embrace new technologies.
- Provide operational technical escalation to both colleagues and customers.
- Support our technology practices in the definition and delivery of software development standards and approaches aligned to industry best practices.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and encourage team members to proactively contribute to both innovation and automation whilst removing obstacles.
- Have a service focussed mindset and be able to evangelise both internally and externally to our customers.
- Keep abreast of changing software development landscapes, technologies, and methodologies.
- Provide out-of-hours support for Incident escalation on a rota basis.
- Communicate technical solutions/issues to both technical and non-technical individuals.
What we are looking for:
- Experience developing reliable server software
- Development and troubleshooting skills incorporating multiple languages and technologies
- Comfortable in a Unix/Linux environment
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Experience of working in a fast-paced operations environment
- Experience developing HTTP-based services
- Bash and/or Python scripting skills
- Experience with reliable message-passing distributed systems
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL is most relevant)
- Experience with authorization and single-sign-on protocols e.g., OAuth, SAML, OIDC
- Experience with Cloud/IaaS/PaaS providers (AWS/Azure most relevant)
- Experience in delivering support in line with ITIL methodologies and frameworks
- An understanding of security principles and practice (both whole-system security and “secure coding”)
What you can expect from us:
At Nasstar, we know the importance of looking after our employees – after all, it’s the team that underpins our business!
In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real opportunity to progress in your career with a forward-thinking organisation, our benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Flexible working – it’s important to maintain a work/life balance, as such, we will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working – we practice what we preach and empower our people to work remotely
- Top tech – Leading services and solutions aren’t just for our clients; we supply best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff too
- 4x annual salary life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Retail discounts and other perks from major brands
Reasons to choose a career with Nasstar:
We recognise and understand the importance of creating a work environment that supports personal development, enabling individuals to reach their full potential and go beyond what they thought was possible. With so many diverse roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship scheme, and several training and development programmes available, the opportunities for growth are endless.
Which career path will you choose?
A note for agencies:
Nasstar has an in-house recruitment team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, we cannot accept agency submissions for any of our roles.