As one of the UK’s fastest growing MPSs, we’re on the lookout for a Finance Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Salary: £20k + benefits
Job Type: 12 Month FTC (Maternity cover)
At Nasstar, we specialise in transformative technology. Our integrated suite of managed services delivers everything from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools. With a consultative approach at our core, we modernise and manage technology to help our clients succeed in today’s business landscape.
With an impressive portfolio of customers, supporting the modern business is what we do, and we’re pretty good at it… if we do say so ourselves! But delivering greater flexibility and improved efficiencies to our clients wouldn’t be possible without the right team on board.
We are lucky enough to be supported by a talented bunch - from technical specialists to marketing consultants, and strategic sales heads. Could you be one of them?
Modernise to maximise
More information about the Nasstar Group and our businesses can be found on their respective websites. Be sure to check out our customer success stories where you can learn more about the industry-leading clients we work with!
About the Role
We are looking for a diligent, professional and well-organised Finance Assistant. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, you will play a key role as part of a high performing finance function by primarily administrating our expense function, delivering accurate and timely expense analysis, reimbursement payments and associated reporting to Managers and Business Units. Essentially, you will be the Subject Matter Expert on all matters relating to the group expenses system(s) and policies.
- Ensure all expenses are processed for twice-monthly reimbursement.
- Review all reports generated by SAP Concur for accuracy.
- Administer SAP Concur expenses system to ensure compliance with Group Expenses Policy.
- Upload all costs into accounting software and provide supporting reports to Business Unit Accountants.
- Assist company accountants to deliver period-end reporting.
- To deputise and support colleague(s) in cash book entries ensuring all cash books are reconciled and to facilitate accurate cash collection by credit control.
- To support Accounts Payable and Receivable teams in processing invoices and receipt allocation.
- Support in delivering annual fieldwork responses to external auditors.
- To explore and present improvements in processes and procedures to improve efficiencies and effectiveness.
- To develop, enhance and support other finance functions.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in expenses processing and analysis
- Generating payments on online banking software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
- Proactive approach, be organised and efficient
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills, able to manage conflicting demands and priorities.
- Ability to recognize improvements and recommend a change
- Experience of Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable
- SAP Concur/ Microsoft Dynamics Nav/ Excel
What you can expect from us:
At Nasstar, we know the importance of looking after our employees – after all, it’s the team that underpins our business!
In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real opportunity to progress in your career with a forward-thinking organisation, our benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Flexible working – it’s important to maintain a work/life balance, as such, we will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working – we practice what we preach and empower our people to work remotely
- Top tech – Leading services and solutions aren’t just for our clients; we supply best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff too
- 4x annual salary life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Retail discounts and other perks from major brands
Reasons to choose a career with Nasstar:
We recognise and understand the importance of creating a work environment that supports personal development, enabling individuals to reach their full potential and go beyond what they thought was possible. With so many diverse roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship scheme, and several training and development programmes available, the opportunities for growth are endless.
Which career path will you choose?
A note for agencies:
Nasstar has an in-house recruitment team that work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, we cannot accept agency submissions for any of our roles.