As one of the UK’s fastest growing MSPs, we’re on the lookout for a Cloud DevOps Engineer!
Location: Home Based (UK Only)
Salary: Competitive base + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
At Nasstar, we specialise in transformative technology. Our integrated suite of managed services delivers everything from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools. With a consultative approach at our core, we modernise and manage technology to help our clients succeed in today’s business landscape.
With an impressive portfolio of customers, supporting the modern business is what we do, and we’re pretty good at it… if we do say so ourselves! But delivering greater flexibility and improved efficiencies to our clients wouldn’t be possible without the right team on board.
We are lucky enough to be supported by a talented bunch - from technical specialists to marketing consultants, and strategic sales heads. Could you be one of them?
Modernise to maximise
More information about the Nasstar Group and our businesses can be found on their respective websites. Be sure to check out our customer success stories where you can learn more about the industry-leading clients we work with!
About the Role
We are looking for a Cloud DevOps Engineer who has experience supporting what they develop within public cloud solutions e.g. AWS. You will be working with key areas of the software delivery lifecycle and building solutions out as designed using automation.
A DevOps Engineer is the heart of any project. We are looking for someone who is happy to get involved in all levels of technical discussions while willing and capable to get their hands dirty and getting things coded up. You will need to be proactive, collaborative, and approachable.
Maintain Customer infrastructure
- Supporting and enhancing Infrastructure using IaC in AWS (Azure would be a bonus).
- Collaborate, communicate, and educate other teams when and where needed as part of the DevOps community.
Building Customer Solutions
- Build out solution following best practices within a CI/CD.
- Highlight and mitigate risks.
Developing infrastructure solutions as part of projects and change requests
- Focus on automation and IaC.
- Following best practices.
Continue to evolve
- Develop and learn technologies that can streamline our approach.
- Share knowledge and work with teams to define solutions.
What we are looking for:
- Working knowledge of Agile
- Experience with CI/CD (e.g. AWS CodePipeline, Azure DevOps)
- Source control systems (e.g. Git)
- Scripting (e.g. bash, PowerShell)
- Working with Infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform, ARM, CloudFormation)
- Working knowledge of Cloud concepts
- Strong documentation skills
- Great data analysis & fault-finding skills
What you can expect from us:
At Nasstar, we know the importance of looking after our employees – after all, it’s the team that underpins our business!
In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real opportunity to progress in your career with a forward-thinking organisation, our benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Flexible working – it’s important to maintain a work/life balance, as such, we will consider any written request for flexible working.
- Virtual working – we practice what we preach and empower our people to work remotely.
- 4x annual salary life assurance.
- Health cash plan.
- Retail discounts and other perks from major brands.
Reasons to choose a career with Nasstar:
We recognise and understand the importance of creating a work environment that supports personal development, enabling individuals to reach their full potential and go beyond what they thought was possible. With so many diverse roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship scheme, and several training and development programmes available, the opportunities for growth are endless.