Senior People and Culture Partner required for one of the UK's fastest-growing MSPs
Location: Home-based with Occasional travel to the Wakefield Office to meet business needs
Salary: Upto 53K Base + Benefits
Permanent // Home-based
Nasstar - About us
Nasstar is a managed service specialist. We deliver an integrated suite of services from cloud computing to networking and communication solutions to provide businesses with greater flexibility and efficiencies. Through strategic consultation to implementation and management, we provide the vision and the mechanics needed to create transformational change for our clients.
Nasstar is the business and technology partner that delivers IT without drama.
We stop IT from ever becoming a problem. We manage and protect your systems. We support your employees and help service your customers. And we identify opportunities to help migrate your applications and infrastructure into multi-cloud environments, keeping your costs down and your productivity up.
And we do it without you even noticing us. Leaving you free to get back to what you do best – driving business value.
With Nasstar, your IT just works.
Details of our businesses and our outstanding achievements so far can be found on our websites:-
About the Role:
You will partner with managers in your area to develop and deliver effective people plans and solutions, including driving divisional change programmes.
As a senior member of the People and Culture team, you will mentor other team members and act as a first point of escalation, particularly in respect of employment relations queries. You will support the team’s mission to ensure every department has and delivers meaningful targets and objectives, and working alongside other People and Culture Partners, you will champion this for all departments within your division.
The successful candidate's main responsibilities will be but not limited to the following:
- Take responsibility for and oversee the delivery of effective business partnering support across your division, including supporting the Head of People and Culture in coaching relevant Business Partners in the formulation of people plans and solutions.
- Ensure those appropriate policies, procedures and work practices are implemented, understood, and adhered to across your division.
- Influence and challenge decisions at all business levels whilst building great relationships.
- Assist department leaders to translate and articulating the business mission to inspire their team(s).
- Make sure that departments and individuals are set clear and measurable duties/objectives/targets.
- Make sure onboarding and induction activities are effectively planned and help make new starters effective in their roles swiftly.
- Assist leaders in succession planning to solve single points of failure and to plan internal progression.
- Coach and advise managers to set development objectives for their teams and people.
- Design and implement development activities that inspire our people to do their best work.
What we’d like from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or substantial additional working experience
- CIPD Certifications
- Strong experience in a Business Partnering role
- In-depth and demonstrable knowledge of UK Employment Law
- Delivering training resources and sessions
- TUPE consultations/transfers
- Working in the IT/Telecoms industry is highly desirable
- International experience, particularly US or Malaysia
- Highly confidential and professional in all circumstances
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to challenge and influence
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Curious and data-driven
If you think you have what it takes to become part of Team Nasstar, then don’t hesitate to apply now!
What you can expect from us in return
At Nasstar, we think it’s important to look after our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real chance to progress your career, we offer a range of benefits which include:
Holiday: 25 days’ holiday
Flexible working: It’s important to maintain a healthy work/life balance. Nasstar will consider any written request for flexible working
Virtual working: We practice what we preach and empower our people to work virtually
Top tech: We don’t just keep our services and solutions for our customers. That means best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff
Life assurance: Employees receive life assurance cover of 4x their annual salary, to be paid to a nominated next of kin in the event of death
Health cash plan: All staff are eligible for our health cash plan, which includes money back for optical and dental treatments
Retail discounts and other perks: A “thanks” from Nasstar for a job well done, this scheme offers freebies and discounts for hundreds of major brands
Why choose a career with Nasstar?
At Nasstar, we have several goals. We’re one of the UK’s fastest-growing MSPs and want to continue to keep growing. We’re a leading Converged ICT Services Provider and want to keep expanding our product portfolio and customer base. But most importantly of all, we want to continue to provide the very best technological solutions to our customers in order to help them achieve digital transformation. And underpinning this is more than 500 talented professionals whose hard work is recognised and rewarded accordingly.
Nasstar recognises the importance in creating an environment that supports personal development to enable individuals to reach their full potential. With so many varied roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship Scheme, and various training and development programmes available, at Nasstar the opportunities for growth are endless.
A note for agencies
Nasstar has a world-class, in-house Recruitment Team that work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, unfortunately, we cannot accept any agency submissions for any of our roles.