Managed IT Key Accounts Manager required for one of the UK's fastest growing MSPs
Location: UK Based
Nasstar is looking for a candidate with a passion for technology and who wants to develop in a fast-growing company to join our growing team as a New Business Development Manager.
Nasstar is a managed service specialist. We deliver an integrated suite of services from cloud computing to networking and communication solutions to provide businesses with greater flexibility and efficiencies. Through strategic consultation to implementation and management, we provide the vision and the mechanics needed to create transformational change for our clients.
Nasstar is the business and technology partner that delivers IT without drama.
We stop IT from ever becoming a problem. We manage and protect your systems. We support your employees and help service your customers. And we identify opportunities to help migrate your applications and infrastructure into multi-cloud environments, keeping your costs down and your productivity up.
And we do it without you even noticing us. Leaving you free to get back to what you do best – driving business value.
With Nasstar, your IT just works.
Details of our businesses and our outstanding achievements so far can be found on our websites:-
Key Accounts Manager’s responsibility is to manage and drive business growth with a small number of existing accounts and for new business sales through cross sell/upsell of Nasstar MIT products and services to customers of other Nasstar divisions and to also new logos. Reporting to the Business Development Director, the ultimate objective of the role is to ensure personal sales targets are achieved through the active identification, development, and closure of high value opportunities with key customer and prospect accounts in the UK. To optimise Nasstar revenue and profit by matching Nasstar services to customers business needs. To develop and close sales opportunities particularly in the areas of Managed IT Services, IT Outsourcing, Data Centre Transformation (public/private/hybrid cloud), Cyber Security and Managed Network (WAN/LAN) services. Targeting UK headquartered Mid-Market to low end Enterprise organisations within either a named account list or vertical market. Target prospect accounts should have minimum £500k PA spend for the services being initially contracted for.
- Effectively manage a territory of key accounts and named prospect accounts to identify, qualify and close new contracts and defend and grow revenue streams from existing accounts.
- Maintain an understanding of the Nasstar product and services portfolio and ensure it is professionally communicated to prospective customers; keep up to date with industry-wide issues and those of our customers and how these translate into business needs.
- Develop profitable revenue streams by achievement of the revenue and GP targets set by the company.
- Assist in the development of marketing initiatives that are launched from time to time and ensure effective implementation with customers including feedback; provide market intelligence and feedback that contributes to Nasstar’s future sales and business planning process.
- Report to the Business Development Director on all aspects of forecasting including business pipeline, sales orders, contracted revenue and GP through the CRM system.
- Develop account plans and sales campaigns to secure new multi-year contracts.
- Develop and manage virtual teams that secure multilevel contact within major accounts that underpin the establishment of long-term relationships and profitable revenue streams.
- Focus and prioritise on opportunities to sell multi-product solutions, including upselling and cross selling the entire Nasstar portfolio to existing Nasstar Group customers in collaboration with Account Management team of other group operating divisions.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, particularly those that impact revenue delivery from customers arising from sales orders.
- Always represent Nasstar in a professional manner, both internally and externally and support the adoption of Nasstar corporate values.
Candidate Technical Knowledge Guide
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrable, successful (targets met/exceeded) experience of managing key accounts, selling Managed ICT solutions/services.
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrable, successful (targets met/exceeded) experience selling Managed ICT solutions/services to new logo and/or dormant accounts.
- Experience in the Managed IT and/or Data Communications sectors with demonstrable knowledge of the ICT market, especially Managed IT outsourced services, data centre transformation Cyber Security and managed networks (WAN/LAN).
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level or equivalent (desirable).
- English Language and Mathematics – minimum GCSE level.
- Can demonstrate practical experience of effectively applying account and campaign planning methodologies.
- Familiar in use of CRM system (MS Dynamics/Salesforce.com or similar).
- Experience of structured selling methodology is desirable (Miller Heiman, TAS, Holden Power Base, Challenger Selling or similar).
- Experienced in use of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Candidate Personal Skills Guide:
- Strong personal motivation and tenacity to manage customer and prospect relationships, to build trust in the engagement to enhance sales performance. With experience and know how to ‘open doors’ and to quickly establish credibility with target prospects.
- Well organised and disciplined with a systematic approach to territory management.
- Rational and realistic approach to opportunity qualification throughout the lifecycle of the sales engagement.
- Able to build relationships – building and nurturing effective interpersonal relationships between individuals and across cultures.
- Skilled in being able to develop and articulate the business case for the adoption of technology/service solutions.
- Possesses excellent negotiation and communication skills, uses appropriate knowledge, interpersonal skills and communication methods to convince others to one’s point of view and/or gain the acceptance of an idea, plan, activity, product or service.
- Problem Solving – the analysis, evaluation and solution of problems, based upon informed judgements of the best solution
- Resilience – maintains performance in the face of adversity. Reacts maturely and positively to disappointments, criticism or unfair remarks
What you can expect from us in return
At Nasstar, we think it’s important to look after our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real chance to progress your career, we offer a range of benefits which include:
Holiday: 25 days’ holiday
- Commission plan
- Private Medical
Flexible working: It’s important to maintain a healthy work/life balance. Nasstar will consider any written request for flexible working
Virtual working: We practice what we preach and empower our people to work virtually
Top tech: We don’t just keep our services and solutions for our customers. That means best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff
Life assurance: Employees receive life assurance cover of 4x their annual salary, to be paid to a nominated next of kin in the event of death
Health cash plan: All staff are eligible for our health cash plan, which includes money back for optical and dental treatments
Retail discounts and other perks: A “thanks” from Nasstar for a job well done, this scheme offers freebies and discounts for hundreds of major brands
Why choose a career with Nasstar?
In today’s digitally driven world, we understand our customers are under constant pressure to do more. Better and faster.
Companies need to operate and compete at an unprecedented speed and scale to meet ever-increasing customer expectations and stay ahead of the curve.
Achieving this requires outstanding technology that works every time – no complexity, no headaches, no downtime. Technology that utilises automation and AI with accurate reporting - not guesswork. Technology that transforms contact centres and enables your teams to work wherever, whenever -always maintaining compliance.
Nasstar recognises the importance in creating an environment that supports personal development to enable individuals to reach their full potential. With so many varied roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship Scheme, and various training and development programmes available, at Nasstar the opportunities for growth are endless.
A note for agencies
Nasstar has a world-class, in-house Recruitment Team that work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, unfortunately, we cannot accept any agency submissions for any of our roles.