Service Desk Squad Lead required for one of the fastest-growing MSPs Cyberjaya, Malaysia
Location: Cyberjaya, Malaysia
Nasstar is a managed service specialist. We deliver an integrated suite of services from cloud computing to networking and communication solutions to provide businesses with greater flexibility and efficiencies.
Nasstar is the business and technology partner that delivers IT without drama.
We stop IT from ever becoming a problem. We manage and protect your systems. We support your employees and help service your customers. And we identify opportunities to help migrate your applications and infrastructure into multi-cloud environments, keeping your costs down and your productivity up.
And we do it without you even noticing us. Leaving you free to get back to what you do best – driving business value.
With Nasstar, your IT just works.
Details of our businesses and our outstanding achievements so far can be found on our websites:-
The Squad Lead is responsible for relevant team members, ensuring individual and team’s capability development and providing operational guidance in regard to all expected deliverables, from short and middle term perspective. Operates under minimum supervision, possess technical expertise to guide and improve the overall engineer’s functional competency. Subject matter expert with regards to the scope of the team that is being lead: Technology, Technical, Tools & Processes
About the Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for relevant team members, ensuring individual and team’s capability development and providing operational guidance in regards to all expected deliverables, from short and middle term perspective
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with leading-edge technologies in a support environment that promotes systems and service excellence.
You will be part of a team of operations engineers which will be required to work a shift pattern covering EMEIA, US and APAC time zones.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the team to adhere the department’s Vision and Mission by providing strategic and tactical direction to Engineers.
- Facilitate the development of solutions by refining supporting policies/procedures
- Implement performance metrics including measuring, reporting and acting upon process performance results.
- Ensure service provided meets requirements of KPIs/SLAs, including agreed parameters around quality, cost, availability/reliability
- Ensure services and associated service requirements are understood and communicated within the team
- Develop strategies relating to processes, documentation and service improvement as needed to ensure gaps are addressed and continuous improvements are in place within the team
- Understand and develop actions to meet key stakeholder expectations
- Develop and implement improvement plans pertaining to customer satisfaction
- Ensure Engineers understand and adhere to policies and standards and implement them into daily operational working routines and service delivery.
- Develop a simple, measurable, achievable and realistic target and KPIs for all Engineers. Evaluate staff performance on a quarterly basis and provide constructive feedback for staff improvement.
- Identify and define staffs' training and skills development requirements
- Develop career development plans for staff and ensure that plans are timely carried out.
- Ensure optimal level of workforce to meet operational /service delivery.
- Able to handle performance management within the team
- Communicate all policies, expectations and requirements for the team and gather all feedback from team members for company Management
- Actively participate in the team leaders’ meetings, leadership circle and ad-hoc meeting
- Conduct regular 1 to 1 and team meeting to discuss issues and share information
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking, leadership and strong abilities in relationship management
- Assess complex and critical situations and to create/implement plans to resolve them and act under pressure
- Initiate, prioritize and execute tasks with minimal steering and communicate and negotiate at all levels
What we’d like from you:
To deliver the best for our customers, the people in Nasstar also need to be the best. Therefore we look for colleagues who demonstrate dedication and passion to a shared goal of excellent customer experience and service. Who work well with others and are passionate about what they do. A willingness to learn and quickly adapt is a must, as well as the drive to succeed.
As a minimum, we would expect the Squad Lead to have a comprehensive understanding of the following:
- Windows OS support
- Desktop\Laptop Hardware Support
- Office 365 Admin and support
- MS Office Suite of Applications
- End user Printing Admin
- End user Citrix Admin – troubleshoot profile issues.
- End user Active Directory Admin
- End user Data/file server admin
- End user email Admin
- Networking Routing/Switching
Other qualities specific to this role include:
- Ability to work in a support environment that involves structured processes and timelines
- Ability to work under pressure and respond in a professional manner in a highly visible customer service environment
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional continuous time management and planning skills
- Working experience in Customer Service Support environment essential
- Promote openness and transparency to create and maintain an environment of trust. Encourages challenge and feedback
- Promote fairness and equality in the workplace and maintains high standards both personally and in others.
- Support colleagues in their work to the best of their abilities, skills, knowledge and experience.
If you meet these criteria and also possess a strategic, analytical mind, we’d like to hear from you.
What you can expect from us in return
At Nasstar, we think it’s important to look after our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams and real chance to progress your career, we offer a range of benefits which include:
Holiday: 20 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
Medical Insurance Enrolment: Will take place after probation is passed
Top tech: We don’t just keep our services and solutions for our customers. That means best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff
Shift, Travel & Parking Allowance: RM 950 allowance per month
Overtime: All staff are eligible for overtime (if required)
Training: Comprehensive induction and training plan to ensure you have all of the necessary skills to be successful
Office Location & Environment: Working in a modern new office with good facilities in the immediate location
Why choose a career with Nasstar?
Nasstar recognises the importance in creating an environment that supports personal development to enable individuals to reach their full potential. With so many varied roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship Scheme, and various training and development programmes available, at Nasstar the opportunities for growth are endless.
A note for agencies
Nasstar have a world-class, in-house Recruitment Team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, unfortunately, we cannot accept any agency submissions for any of our roles.