Huawei Network Transmission Engineer X3 required for one of the UK's fastest-growing MSPs
Location: Home-based (Anywhere in the UK)
Salary: Competitive base + Benefits
Permanent // Home-based
Nasstar - About us
Nasstar is a managed service specialist. We deliver an integrated suite of services from cloud computing to networking and communication solutions to provide businesses with greater flexibility and efficiencies. Through strategic consultation to implementation and management, we provide the vision and the mechanics needed to create transformational change for our clients.
Nasstar is the business and technology partner that delivers IT without drama.
We stop IT from ever becoming a problem. We manage and protect your systems. We support your employees and help service your customers. And we identify opportunities to help migrate your applications and infrastructure into multi-cloud environments, keeping your costs down and your productivity up.
And we do it without you even noticing us. Leaving you free to get back to what you do best – driving business value.
With Nasstar, your IT just works.
Details of our businesses and our outstanding achievements so far can be found on our websites:-
About the Role:
The OTN Engineer is responsible for handling all technical problems in running projects and devices under maintenance, achieving customer acceptance/satisfaction through high performance and quality of services.
The Transmission Network Engineer is responsible for assurance of customer agreed technical standards both for projects & support services.
Other core accountabilities will include but are not limited to the following:-
- Oversee design, test, and implement technical solutions based on business and operational requirements, taking into account recent technology evolutions
- Generates methods, procedures and technical documentation regarding delivered solutions to be used by the various operational departments performs operational hand-over of the delivered solution
Ensures that carrier network & associated systems are rightfully dimensioned
- Manages the system's software & hardware lifecycle.
- Ensures good interaction and communication with Product Managers, Customers, Procurement, Operational teams, Suppliers, Security, Analysts, and other Engineers.
- Follow up technological and market evolution trends
What we’d like from you:
Bachelor and above (Major in Electrical & Electronic, Telecommunication, Computer Science, Communications and Networking, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in Optical Transmission Network, inclusive of Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH), Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), Next Generation Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (NG-DWDM), Packet Transport Network(MPLS) etc.
- Familiar with HuaWei Optical SDH, NGSDH, OCS, DWDM, OTN device, and NMS system U2000 U9XXX.
- Deep Knowledge of OTN/WDM/SDH theory, grasp knowledge of fiber loss,OSNR, dispersion, PMD etc.
- Deep knowledge of VLAN,MPLS, layer2/3 packet forward theory and network solution;
- Have the ability to understand customer requirements, and participation in solution creation and verification.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of SDH (expert level) WDM/OTN, Eth over transmission technologies (SDH, WDM and OTN)
If you think you have what it takes to become part of Team Nasstar, then don’t hesitate to apply now!
What you can expect from us in return
At Nasstar, we think it’s important to look after our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real chance to progress your career, we offer a range of benefits which include:
Holiday: 25 days’ holiday
Flexible working: It’s important to maintain a healthy work/life balance. Nasstar will consider any written request for flexible working
Virtual working: We practice what we preach and empower our people to work virtually
Top tech: We don’t just keep our services and solutions for our customers. That means best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff
Life assurance: Employees receive life assurance cover of 4x their annual salary, to be paid to a nominated next of kin in the event of death
Health cash plan: All staff are eligible for our health cash plan, which includes money back for optical and dental treatments
Retail discounts and other perks: A “thanks” from Nasstar for a job well done, this scheme offers freebies and discounts for hundreds of major brands
Why choose a career with Nasstar?
At Nasstar, we have several goals. We’re one of the UK’s fastest-growing MSPs and want to continue to keep growing. We’re a leading Converged ICT Services Provider and want to keep expanding our product portfolio and customer base. But most importantly of all, we want to continue to provide the very best technological solutions to our customers in order to help them achieve digital transformation. And underpinning this is more than 500 talented professionals whose hard work is recognised and rewarded accordingly.
Nasstar recognises the importance in creating an environment that supports personal development to enable individuals to reach their full potential. With so many varied roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship Scheme, and various training and development programmes available, at Nasstar the opportunities for growth are endless.
A note for agencies
Nasstar have a world-class, in-house Recruitment Team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, unfortunately, we cannot accept any agency submissions for any of our roles.