Voice & Networking Field Engineer required for one of the UK's fastest growing MSPs
Location: Field based; extensive UK travel
Salary: Competitive base + Benefits package
12 month fixed term contract // Home-based
Nasstar - About us
Nasstar is a managed service specialist. We deliver an integrated suite of services from cloud computing to networking and communication solutions to provide businesses with greater flexibility and efficiencies. Through strategic consultation to implementation and management, we provide the vision and the mechanics needed to create transformational change for our clients.
Nasstar is the business and technology partner that delivers IT without drama.
We stop IT from ever becoming a problem. We manage and protect your systems. We support your employees and help service your customers. And we identify opportunities to help migrate your applications and infrastructure into multi-cloud environments, keeping your costs down and your productivity up.
And we do it without you even noticing us. Leaving you free to get back to what you do best – driving business value.
With Nasstar, your IT just works.
Details of our businesses and our outstanding achievements so far can be found on our websites:-
About the Role:
Reporting into the Systems Delivery Lead, the successful candidate will be tasked with conducting detailed site audits, testing various equipment, consolidating customer services and decommissioning redundant equipment across multiple sites in the UK.
The Field Engineer will work alongside and manage other 3rd party engineers to coordinate on-site work for tasks such as decommissioning and removing kit from site.
The position is customer focused, requiring a high standard of written and oral communication as well as ongoing collaboration with the immediate projects team and wider groups within the customer organisation such as IT security, UCC, Facilities and Product.
The successful candidate will be expected to work with multiple teams to solve technical issues and provide solutions as well as making daily site visits across the UK. Extensive UK travel is an integral aspect of this role and you can expect to be on site for up to a week at a time.
Other duties will include but not limited to:-
- Using field knowledge to ensure risks are anticipated and mitigated
- Installation & commissioning of complex products and/or systems
- Acceptance testing
- Using field test & measurement equipment such as DMM
- Decommissioning equipment as defined by the project teams and making ready for collection
- Creating detailed audit reports cataloguing equipment at each site
What we’d like from you:
- Demonstrable knowledge in areas such as Voice, Networking, Infrastructure and Cabling
- Knowledge of System X
- Experience of configuring, troubleshooting and decommissioning Voice and WAN systems
- Fibre Engineering, Splicing, Patching and Testing
- Hosted Voice and PBX experience
- UC and/or Contact Centre experience
- Basic knowledge of Data Cente Power systems and UPS devices
- The ability to build positive relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
- The ability to work autonomously and remotely as well as collaboratively as required
If you think you have what it takes to become part of Team Nasstar, then don’t hesitate to apply now!
What you can expect from us in return
At Nasstar, we think it’s important to look after our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real chance to progress your career, we offer a range of benefits which include:
- Holiday: 25 days’ holiday
- Flexible working: It’s important to maintain a healthy work/life balance. Nasstar will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working: We practice what we preach and empower our people to work virtually
- Top tech: We don’t just keep our services and solutions for our customers. That means best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff
- Life assurance: Employees receive life assurance cover of 4x their annual salary, to be paid to a nominated next of kin in the event of death
- Health cash plan: All staff are eligible for our health cash plan, which includes money back for optical and dental treatments
- Retail discounts and other perks: A “thanks” from Nasstar for a job well done, this scheme offers freebies and discounts for hundreds of major brands
Why choose a career with Nasstar?
At Nasstar, we have several goals. We’re one of the UK’s fastest-growing MSPs and want to continue to keep growing. We’re a leading Converged ICT Services Provider and want to keep expanding our product portfolio and customer base. But most importantly of all, we want to continue to provide the very best technological solutions to our customers in order to help them achieve digital transformation. And underpinning this is more than 500 talented professionals whose hard work is recognised and rewarded accordingly.
Nasstar recognises the importance in creating an environment that supports personal development to enable individuals to reach their full potential. With so many varied roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship Scheme, and various training and development programmes available, at Nasstar the opportunities for growth are endless.
A note for agencies
Nasstar have a world-class, in-house Recruitment Team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, unfortunately, we cannot accept any agency submissions for any of our roles.