Level 2 NOC Engineer required for one of the UK's fastest-growing MSPs
Location: Wakefield // Home based
Salary: Competitive base + Shift Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Initial 6 Month FTC
Nasstar - About us
Nasstar is a managed service specialist. We deliver an integrated suite of services from cloud computing to networking and communication solutions to provide businesses with greater flexibility and efficiencies. Through strategic consultation to implementation and management, we provide the vision and the mechanics needed to create transformational change for our clients.
Nasstar is the business and technology partner that delivers IT without drama.
We stop IT from ever becoming a problem. We manage and protect your systems. We support your employees and help service your customers. And we identify opportunities to help migrate your applications and infrastructure into multi-cloud environments, keeping your costs down and your productivity up.
And we do it without you even noticing us. Leaving you free to get back to what you do best – driving business value.
With Nasstar, your IT just works.
Details of our businesses and our outstanding achievements so far can be found on our websites:-
About the Role:
As a Level 2 NOC Engineer, working within a global team, you will be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, tracking, and reporting incidents.
As part of your role, you will be responsible for providing critical support to a large customer base over a large product portfolio.
You will be the engineer supporting WAN/LAN Networks and Security products ensuring timely resolutions.
You will be responding to proactive alerts and customer tickets raised by a variety of media ensuring incoming incidents are logged with the minimum data set in the relevant incident logging software enabling you to pinpoint a customer issue.
You will ensure that all incidents owned are resolved in accordance with the agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA) delivering outstanding customer service standards and always remaining courteous and professional.
This will be in line with business-approved work instructions and workflows to ensure processes are always followed.
This role is a hands-on L2 technical service operation role that provides top service and clear communication, You will act as a point of escalation working to provide excellent support around the clock.
Other duties will include but not limited to:-
- Investigation of circuit faults and working with third parties to ensure a swift resolution.
- Manage, troubleshoot, and resolve customer incidents to customer satisfaction.
- Work with TAC and CORE networking teams on ticket escalations
- To liaise and work closely with 3rd party service partners at a technical level, as part of technical escalation and resolution of Incidents. Report, manage and progress incidents that are to be resolved by 3rd Party vendors / service partners.
- Liaise with remote hands to replace faulty Equipment.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge in relation to Managed Service Customers, sites, and equipment, providing prompt and accurate information, advice, and technical guidance to, Field engineers, TAC Engineers, Third party service providers and other colleagues.
- To be able to analyse and evaluate network monitoring tools to troubleshoot and resolve networking issues.
- Achieve key KPI targets set.
- Follow ticket work instructions relating to productivity, ticket content and escalation. Adherence to all relevant legal, regulatory & ISO based Policies, SOPs, Codes of Conduct
What we’d like from you:
- Candidates must have a proven demonstrable track record working with networking and security products and services.
- Previous MSP experience is highly desirable Ideally within a NOC/SOC environment.
- Minimum CCNA accredited and be working towards CCNP.
- Excellent communicator both verbally and in written format with customers
- Can deal effectively with difficult situations balancing customer empathy with assertive handling dependent on the nature of the issue.
- You need to be someone who demonstrates a passion for customers and delivering excellent customer service
- You will embrace continual change and process improvement
- You'll have a natural aptitude for problem-solving and troubleshooting
- You'll be able to express ideas and information clearly and concisely
- Proactively keeping up to date with technologies supported by Nasstar will be important to you as you move forward in your career
- Can plan and gain support to changing priorities.
- Modifies own style to achieve optimum results. Adherence to the current service operations processes and work procedures.
- Prioritises effectively to ensure tickets are completed on time.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of Team Nasstar, then don’t hesitate to apply now!
What you can expect from us in return
At Nasstar, we think it’s important to look after our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real chance to progress your career, we offer a range of benefits which include:
- Holiday: 25 days’ holiday
- Flexible working: It’s important to maintain a healthy work/life balance. Nasstar will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working: We practice what we preach and empower our people to work virtually
- Top tech: We don’t just keep our services and solutions for our customers. That means best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff
- Life assurance: Employees receive life assurance cover of 4x their annual salary, to be paid to a nominated next of kin in the event of death
- Health cash plan: All staff are eligible for our health cash plan, which includes money back for optical and dental treatments
- Retail discounts and other perks: A “thanks” from Nasstar for a job well done, this scheme offers freebies and discounts for hundreds of major brands
Why choose a career with Nasstar?
At Nasstar, we have several goals. We’re one of the UK’s fastest-growing MSPs and want to continue to keep growing. We’re a leading Converged ICT Services Provider and want to keep expanding our product portfolio and customer base. But most importantly of all, we want to continue to provide the very best technological solutions to our customers in order to help them achieve digital transformation. And underpinning this is more than 500 talented professionals whose hard work is recognised and rewarded accordingly.
Nasstar recognises the importance in creating an environment that supports personal development to enable individuals to reach their full potential. With so many varied roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship Scheme, and various training and development programmes available, at Nasstar the opportunities for growth are endless.
A note for agencies
Nasstar have a world-class, in-house Recruitment Team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, unfortunately, we cannot accept any agency submissions for any of our roles.