ISP Architect required for one of the UK's fastest growing MSPs
Location: Home-based (Anywhere in the UK)
Salary: Competitive base + Bonus + Benefits
Permanent // Home-based
Nasstar - About us
Nasstar is a managed service specialist. We deliver an integrated suite of services from cloud computing to networking and communication solutions to provide businesses with greater flexibility and efficiencies. Through strategic consultation to implementation and management, we provide the vision and the mechanics needed to create transformational change for our clients.
Nasstar is the business and technology partner that delivers IT without drama.
We stop IT from ever becoming a problem. We manage and protect your systems. We support your employees and help service your customers. And we identify opportunities to help migrate your applications and infrastructure into multi-cloud environments, keeping your costs down and your productivity up.
And we do it without you even noticing us. Leaving you free to get back to what you do best – driving business value.
With Nasstar, your IT just works.
Details of our businesses and our outstanding achievements so far can be found on our websites:-
About the Role:
As a senior member of the engineering team, the ISP architect is responsible for designing and implementing Nasstar's core network infrastructure, Owning the strategy for peering, transit DDOS/Network Security and ensuring our infrastructure and network can support the performance requirements of the rich portfolio of Over The Top services available from Nasstar.
The ISP Architect will peer with other domain experts within the Engineering and Product teams to deliver enhancements to portfolio and product strategy as well as supporting lifecycle assurance teams for 4th line escalated service issues attributable to software or design-related fault scenarios.
Other duties will include but are not limited to:-
- Act as a resident subject matter expert on large scale ISP network deployments and underlying technologies
- Creation of low and high-level design documentation
- Collaborate with other subject matter experts on new technology selection and development
- Contribute to the delivery of network synergy cost savings
- Ensure adherence to core network SLAs at all times.
- Ensure network integration delivery targets are met
What we’d like from you:
The successful candidate will have In-depth technical knowledge and experience across the Telecommunications industry and ISP/MSP network architecture as well as a proven track record of design and implementation of carrier scale network infrastructure, preferably in a multivendor environment.
The post holder will also have demonstrable experience across the following:
- Multivendor (Juniper / Cisco) architecture experience preferred
- MPLS architecture
- Traffic engineering
- Exposure to WAN technologies like DWDM, EVPL, VPLS etc
- Transit / Peering
- Internet registries
- ISP scale DDOS protection (for example, Arbor)
- CCIE / JNCIE qualification highly desirable
If you think you have what it takes to become part of Team Nasstar, then don’t hesitate to apply now!
What you can expect from us in return
At Nasstar, we think it’s important to look after our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real chance to progress your career, we offer a range of benefits which include:
- Holiday: 25 days’ holiday
- Flexible working: It’s important to maintain a healthy work/life balance. Nasstar will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working: We practice what we preach and empower our people to work virtually
- Top tech: We don’t just keep our services and solutions for our customers. That means best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff
- Life assurance: Employees receive life assurance cover of 4x their annual salary, to be paid to a nominated next of kin in the event of death
- Health cash plan: All staff are eligible for our health cash plan, which includes money back for optical and dental treatments
- Retail discounts and other perks: A “thanks” from Nasstar for a job well done, this scheme offers freebies and discounts for hundreds of major brands
Why choose a career with Nasstar?
At Nasstar, we have several goals. We’re one of the UK’s fastest-growing MSPs and want to continue to keep growing. We’re a leading Converged ICT Services Provider and want to keep expanding our product portfolio and customer base. But most importantly of all, we want to continue to provide the very best technological solutions to our customers in order to help them achieve digital transformation. And underpinning this is more than 500 talented professionals whose hard work is recognised and rewarded accordingly.
Nasstar recognises the importance in creating an environment that supports personal development to enable individuals to reach their full potential. With so many varied roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship Scheme, and various training and development programmes available, at Nasstar the opportunities for growth are endless.
A note for agencies
Nasstar have a world-class, in-house Recruitment Team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, unfortunately, we cannot accept any agency submissions for any of our roles.