Network Engineer required for one of the UK's fastest growing MSPs
Location: Home-based (Anywhere in the UK)
Salary: Competitive base + Bonus + Benefits
Nasstar - About us
Nasstar is a managed service specialist. We deliver an integrated suite of services from cloud computing to networking and communication solutions to provide businesses with greater flexibility and efficiencies. Through strategic consultation to implementation and management, we provide the vision and the mechanics needed to create transformational change for our clients.
Nasstar is the business and technology partner that delivers IT without drama.
We stop IT from ever becoming a problem. We manage and protect your systems. We support your employees and help service your customers. And we identify opportunities to help migrate your applications and infrastructure into multi-cloud environments, keeping your costs down and your productivity up.
And we do it without you even noticing us. Leaving you free to get back to what you do best – driving business value.
With Nasstar, your IT just works.
Details of our business and our outstanding achievements so far can be found on our website:
About the Role:
The Network Engineer will be responsible for providing support to our Managed Service customers, assisting with escalations from the wider Service Desks and delivering projects onsite at customer locations throughout the UK. To be successful in this role you will need a strong working knowledge of switching and routing to be able to maximise customers’ uptime and prevent reoccurring issues.
You will be expected to maintain full 24/7 coverage for our customers and support engineering work within a rota to cover varying shifts.
- Provide end support to our Managed Service customers
- Assist with escalations from the wider Service Desks
- Maintain full 24/7 coverage for our customers to maximise uptime and prevent reoccurring issues
- Deal with incoming incidents in a professional, courteous manner over the phone and via email
- Take ownership of incidents and manage them in a logical and methodical manner, taking responsibility for the end-to-end management of incidents in your queue while proactively keeping the customer informed of progress
- Deliver project excellence on customer sites by working with Project Managers to ensure all projects are delivered on time and within budget
What we’d like from you:
- You'll need solid experience/qualifications in the following:
- Cisco routing and switching (CCNA/CCNP preferred)
- Hands on Cisco and/or Fortinet Firewalls
- Alcatel-Lucent technology (ACFE/ACSE preferred)
- HPE Aruba Associate/Professional
- Best practice principles in Network Design - HLD/LLD
- Network Analysis - audit/recommend/remediate
- You need to be someone who demonstrates a passion for customers and delivering excellent customer service
- You will embrace continual change and process improvement
- You'll have a natural aptitude for problem solving and troubleshooting
- You'll be able to express ideas and information clearly and concisely
- You're likely to be someone who plans and manages their own workflow on a daily basis to ensure the achievement of KPIs
- Proactively keeping up to date with technologies supported by Nasstar will be important to you as you move forward in your career
If you think you have what it takes to become part of Team Nasstar, then don’t hesitate to apply now!
What you can expect from us in return
At Nasstar, we think it’s important to look after our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and a real chance to progress your career, we offer a range of benefits which include:
- Holiday: 25 days’ holiday
- Flexible working: It’s important to maintain a healthy work/life balance. Nasstar will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working: We practice what we preach and empower our people to work virtually
- Top tech: We don’t just keep our services and solutions for our customers. That means best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff
- Life assurance: Employees receive life assurance cover of 4x their annual salary, to be paid to a nominated next of kin in the event of death
- Health cash plan: All staff are eligible for our health cash plan, which includes money back for optical and dental treatments
- Retail discounts and other perks: A “thanks” from Nasstar for a job well done, this scheme offers freebies and discounts for hundreds of major brands
Why choose a career with Nasstar?
At Nasstar, we have several goals. We’re one of the UK’s fastest-growing MSPs and want to continue to keep growing. We’re a leading Converged ICT Services Provider and want to keep expanding our product portfolio and customer base. But most importantly of all, we want to continue to provide the very best technological solutions to our customers in order to help them achieve digital transformation. And underpinning this is more than 500 talented professionals whose hard work is recognised and rewarded accordingly.
Nasstar recognises the importance in creating an environment that supports personal development to enable individuals to reach their full potential. With so many varied roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship Scheme, and various training and development programmes available, at Nasstar the opportunities for growth are endless.
A note for agencies
Nasstar have a world-class, in-house Recruitment Team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, unfortunately, we cannot accept any agency submissions for any of our roles.